Dr. Suresh is a non-invasive Cardiologist by profession. He brings with him a rich experience as Medical Director and as Cardiologist from renowned hospitals in India and various other countries, such as Nigeria, Republic of Congo, the British Overseas Territory of British Virgin Island and St. Helena, Haiti, United States of America, UK, Oman and United Arab Emirates. Dr. Suresh completed his MBBS and Masters in Internal Medicine from the Armed Forces Medical College, an affiliated institute of University of Poona in India. He has Postgraduate Diploma in Cardiology from Imperial College School of Medicine, University of London in UK., wherein he was Awarded with Distinction and a First Rank in the University.
Trained at the prestigious Harvard University, Boston,USA, Dr. Sultan has been practicing Ophthalmology at PIH, for the past 13 years. She specializes in cataract, pterygium and corneal surgeries. She is also an expert in treating eye infections and inflammatory conditions.
Trained at the UPNG and in Melbourne, Australia, Dr. Sapuri is an accomplished academician and the former Dean of UPNG Medical Faculty. He is an authority and a leading consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in PNG. He is associated with PIH as the head of the department for the past 6 years. He specializes in cervical cancer surgery, infertility treatment and all kinds of gynaecological surgeries.
Trained at UPNG School of Medicine, Dr. Rageau is an experienced Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. His areas of expertise include maternal health, obstetric ultrasounds, high risk pregnancy and delivery, family planning, cervical cancer and breast cancer screening.
Dr. Vineet Sankhla is a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist from India and specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the heart. He has widespread experience in all aspects of cardiology including the investigation and management of ischaemic heart disease, valvular heart disease and cardiac rhythm disturbances.
Dr Vineet has broad interests in cardiology and performs coronary angiography, coronary angioplasty and stent insertion, transoesophageal echocardiography, permanent pacemaker and defibrillator implants. His other interest includes the management of complex coronary artery disease with stenting and minimally invasive therapies for atrial septal defect, patent foramen ovale and hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy.
Dr Jaiyesh is an expert in Internal Medicine, he has specialization in Cardiology, Critical Care Medicine, Basic Life Support and Intensive Care Management. Dr. Jaiyesh has wide experience in the fields of echo-cardiography, Advance cardiac life support, HIV Management, Rheumatology and Diabetology. He has attended numerous National and International Professional Workshops. He is a Life Member of the ISCCM (Indian Society for Critical Care Medicine) and the ESICM (European Society of Intensive Care Medicine)
Trained at the Philippines Heart Centre, Manila Dr. Galicio is the leading private cardiologist in PNG who has been associated with PIH for the past 3 years. He specialises in non-invasive cardiology, stress test, echo and cardiac ultrasound.
Trained at the prestigious Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore, India, Dr. Paul is an accomplished academician. He is the consultant general and trauma surgeon at PIH. He is also a Medical Director at PIH. He is an experienced laparoscopic surgeon and the leading endoscopy specialist in PNG.
Trained at the UPNG and Australia, Dr. Tarova is a former PNG Defence Force Medical Director and a renowned trauma surgeon. He is the Consultant in general and trauma surgery and has been associated with PIH for almost 9 years.
Dr Dinesh has worked with
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) , New Delhi
- Sports Injury Centre , VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital ,New Delhi
- Gauhati Medical College and Hospital
Proficiency in :
- Trauma – ORIF , CRIF with nails/plates/screws/wires /external fixators for
- Fractures of Clavicle , Humerus, Radius , Ulna, Carpals, Metacarpals & Phalanges , Neck of femur, Trochanter, Shaft femur, Femoral condyles, Patella, Tibial plateau, Tibial shaft, Tibial plafond, Talus , Calcaneum, Metatarsals and Toes.
- Compound fractures & dislocations, Intraarticular fractures, Polytrauma
- Dislocations of shoulder, elbow, hip. Subluxations/dislocations of other joints
- Total Knee Arthroplasty , Total Hip Arthroplasty, Hemi-replacement Arthroplasty of Hip
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction, partial Meniscectomy, Joint Debridement , Synovectomy
- Paediatric Orthopaedics – CTEV correction, Congenital Constriction band release, Syndactyly release, DDH correction
- Deformity correction for Genu varus, cubitus varus, hallux valgus
- Spine – Lumbar Discectomy , Lumbar Posterior instrumentation for vertebral fractures
- Arthrotomy, Saucerization , debridement for infected wounds, arthritis, osteomyelitis
- Injections for Tendinitis, Epicondylitis, Fasciitis and Tendinopathies
- Manipulation and application of POP slab or cast
Dr Dinesh is now available for consultations at PIH, 3 Mile. Please email us at email@example.com or call us on 799 88 000 to book an appointment with him. PIH is Port Moresby’s largest private hospital offering more than 14 specialities under one roof, with specialists and technologically advanced equipment being utilized to bring modern healthcare to PNG.
MBBS, DO, DNB
Dr Vivek has performed more than 15,000 surgical procedures so far & has expertise in:
Phacoemulsification under topical anesthesia
Temporal SICS under topical anesthesia Foldable IOL
Special lenses like AC IOL, Iris claw lens, SF IOL
Minimally invasive cataract surgery in high volumes
Trabeculectomy with mitomycin
Trabeculectomy with releasable sutures
Stab Incision Glaucoma Surgery (SIGS)
Pterygium excision with conjunctival autograft, excision biopsy, evisceration, enucleation Dacryocystorhinostomy, Dacryocystectomy
Oculoplasty, mass excision and lid tear repair
Retina Laser treatments like PRP, Grid, Focal, Barrage lasers
Glaucoma Laser treatments like YAG PI, Peripheral iridoplasty, Yagcasulotomy and Yagmembranolysis
Intra vitreal injections of Anti VEGF injections for ARMD
Medical Retina, Uvea and Neuro ophthalmology
Dr. Wahegaonkar is a Fellowship trained Orthopedic Upper Extremity, Hand & Microvascular Reconstructive Surgeon with more than 15 years of exclusive experience in the comprehensive management of upper extremity problems, with a strong emphasis on academics and research. He has received training in Hand Surgery, Microvascular Surgery, and Brachial Plexus & Peripheral Nerve Surgery in various prestigious institutes in the USA, France, Germany, Japan and Switzerland including the Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand & Micro Surgery and the Mayo Clinic in the USA. His special interests include wrist surgery, adult & obstetrical brachial plexus surgery, microvascular reconstructive surgery, small joint arthroscopic surgery of the upper extremity & treatment of congenital hand deformities
- Graduated from Christian Medical College MBBS 1978
- 1983 M.S. (General Surgery) MADRAS UNIVERSITY
- 1991 M.Ch. (Urology) M.G.R. University, Madras
- 1998 Overseas Doctors training in Gen. Surgery at Adelaide. Royal College of Surgeons
- Endourology and Lithotripsy
- Female Urology
- Paediatric & Reconstructive Urology
- Training Consultant Urologists & General Surgeons
- Radical Cystoprostatectomy
- Donor Nephrectomy
- Renal transplantation
- Reconstructive urethroplasty
- Open Prostatectomy
- Endoscopy procedures for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes like
- Endoscopic urethrotomy
- Trans-Urethral Resection of Prostate (TURP) and Bladder Tumour
- Removal of Ureteric Stones
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy and insertion of PD catheter
- Access surgery for haemodialysis
- Common general surgery procedures like
- Closure of duodenal ulcer perforations
- Intestinal Resections
Dr. Alfonso N.Blanchis a licensed Medical Practitioner specializing in General Radiology with a sub-specialty in Interventional Neuroradiology. He graduated pre-medicine with a degree in B.S. Biology from the University of Santo Tomas in the Philippines, his home country. He then graduated with a degree of Medicine from the same university. From there he took his medical Internship and Residency Training in Radiology at the renowned Makati Medical Center in the Philippines. He had his fellowship training in interventional Neuroradiology at the Makati Medical centre and qualified as Diplomate of Philippine College of Radiology.
Radiologist MBBS, M.MED.
Trained at UPNG, Dr. Umo is the senior most radiologist in PNG. He is the only private radiologist in the country. His areas of expertise are CT scan, ultrasound, mammograms and routine and specialty x-ray including barium studies, IVP, HSG etc. He is a part time consultant.
Trained at the prestigious University of Santa Tomas, Manila and Saint Lukes Medical Centre, Dr. Oblefias is a full time consultant Pathologist who specialises in Clinical Pathology. He brings with him expertise in managing quality controlled laboratory and ensuring compliance with International Standards for Laboratory and Blood Bank.
Dr.Jian Hu Wen is an accomplished Physician and Surgeon of Chinese origin. Dr.Wen has an extensive experience of more than 30 years and is well respected among the Chinese community in PNG. Dr.Wen shall be offering his services to the Chinese Community in PNG from PIH clinic at Vision City and PIH hospital at 3 Mile, Taurama. Dr.Wen is fluent in Mandarin and English.