Family and Internal Medicine are foundations on which all the medical super specialities are built. They are usually the first point of contact for patients, before being directed to super specialist (if needed) for further treatment. The Family and Internal Medicine Services at PIH form a link to all the other specialities in the hospital. The services are managed by a highly competent group of doctors including speciality consultants, general physicians and medical officers.
Everyone knows that ‘prevention is better than cure’, and in keeping with this maxim, the Preventive Health Checks at PIH promotes and manages various health checks designed to suit the needs of different age groups. There is an emphasis on early detection and management of lifestyle-related diseases (such as metabolic syndrome, obesity, dyslipidemias) also on conditions such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension and malignancies.
PIH specialises in maintaining long-term adult wellness through regular monitoring, prevention and preemptory intervention.
- Disease risk assessment, investigations and management
- Assessment and monitoring of acute and chronic health conditions like obesity, metabolic syndrome, lipid disorders
- Management of kidney diseases
- Management of lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- Medical management of geriatric patients
- Routine check and general health check-up including high-risk groups like diabetics
- Medical evaluation and managementt of communicable diseases like tuberculosis, typhoid and gastroenteritis
- Pre-surgical medical evaluation and management for clearance
- Dialysis for kidney failure
- Problem specific treatment
- Inpatient services