Urology and Nephrology Services at PIH offer comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for adult and paediatric urological conditions. Because of our specialised services and compassionate team of surgeons and physicians, we are able to deliver the best care to every patient. The department is well equipped with radiology and diagnostic services such as pathology, microbiology and a blood holding unit for acute diagnosis.
PIH always strives to deliver the best healthcare to our patients who seek advanced urological treatments in PNG. The hospital is committed to maintain the highest clinical governance standards and patient-centric care, incorporating the latest advances in the field. The services are tailored to meet the needs of every patient.
Our Services and Facilities
- General consultations with doctors
- Pre-procedural examinations
- Testicular biopsy (percutaneous and open)
- Uretroscopy (URS)
- Trans Rectal Ultrasonography (TRUS)
- Reconstructive surgery to restore functional integrity of the urinary tract in women like (VVF, UVF, uterine prolapse, cystocele and rectocele repair in female)
- Reconstructive urology (urethroplasty, pyeloplasty)
- Andrology procedures
- Microsurgical varicocelectomy
- Vasovasostomy (vasectomy reversal)
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Penile implants
- Endoscopic stone removal
- Transurethral crushing of the bladder stone
- Conventional and bipolar TURP (Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate)
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
- Male infertility treatment
Dialysis is a treatment that duplicates several functions of the kidneys. It is generally used to treat patients suffering with kidney failure, which is also called as end-stage renal disease. Here the kidneys are severely damaged and cease to function to its ability.
Pacific International Hospital has the most sophisticated therapeutic equipment including high-flux membranes and an ultrapure water system in addition to a serene environment and convenient personal amenities.
Dialysis services are available for patients in the ICU, patients undergoing cardiac or orthopaedic procedures and on outpatient basis. A multidisciplinary Pre-Dialysis Clinic has been instituted to monitor patients with early renal disease and assists in improving the quality of life .
Dialysis treatments offered at PIH are:
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Haemodiafiltration (HDF)
- Intestinal dialysis
- In-centre Haemodialysis (HD)