Welcome to our Site. These are our Terms & Conditions for use of the Site which you may access in several ways, including but not limited to the web, PDAs, mobile phones and RSS feeds. These Terms & Conditions apply whenever you access the Site, regardless of how you access the Site.
Use of this site
1. South Pacific Post Limited (Post-Courier) is the owner and operator of this Site.
2. Users of this Site (Users) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, which are subject to change at Post-Courier’s sole discretion. Your use of and access to this Site indicates your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, as they exist at that time.
3. All intellectual property in relation to content on this Site belongs to Post-Courier or its licensors, advertisers or affiliates. You obtain no interest in that intellectual property. All content on this Site is protected by Papua New Guinean and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You shall not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the content.
5. The www.spp.com.pg logo, the logos of the Post-Courier sites and the newspaper mastheads on the Post-Couriersites are registered trademarks of Post-Courier or its related bodies corporate. Other trademarks may be displayed on the Site from time to time. These may belong to third parties. Nothing displayed on the Site should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any logo, trademark or masthead displayed on the Site, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
Liability & Indemnity
6. Post-Courier does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Independent Consumer and Competition Act 2002 or provincial legislations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, Post-Courier excludes all rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of the Site whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent possible:
(a) Post-Courier does not warrant the accuracy of the content on the Site. The content is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis and on the condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy of the content and rely on it at your own risk. All content on the Site may be changed at Post-Courier’s sole discretion and without notice.
(b) Post-Courier will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this Site, subject only to paragraph 6(d).
(c) Post-Courier does not warrant that functions contained in the Site content, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that Post-Courier or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs.
(d) Liability of Post-Courier, for any breach of a term or condition implied by law is limited at Post-Courier’s discretion, to the supply of any service again or the payment for the cost of having any service supplied again.
(e) You indemnify Post-Courier and its affiliated companies, and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents against any action, claim, loss or expense which it incurs which arises from your use of the Site.
Third Party Content & Links
7. This Site may include third party content which is subject to that third party’s terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right for you to use that content.
8. This Site may include links to third party sites which are not related to Post-Courier and in relation to which Post-Courier has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this site does not indicate any relationship between Post-Courier and that third party or any endorsement by Post-Courier of that third party, its site or the products or services which it is advertising on this Site.
9. When you submit content to Post-Courier in any format, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, you grant Post-Courier a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to publish that content.
10. You agree that News can use that content in any way, now and in the future. News also reserves the right not to use the content you submit.
11. You warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright, in the content you contribute, that your content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law.
12. You indemnify Post-Courier against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Post-Courier as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
13. You waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site.
14. Users will not use this site for any purpose or in any way which is unlawful.
15. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Papua New Guinea.
16. Responsibility for all election comment is taken by the editor, Lawes Road, Kone, Port Moreby, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea.