The holiday season is finally right around the corner. You will get to bask in the glory of the cozy decorations, time with your loved ones, enjoy the Christmas carols and celebrations, and basically have a merry time. However, the most important aspect of Christmas is the delicious and lip-smacking food that we get to devour. And, the best part is that the below recipes are totally healthy. So, no more holiday weight.
This delicate and creamy soup will really make your menu stand out. It is easy and quick, and not to forget, so very healthy. It will not only fill your tummy, but it will also soothe your soul.
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 leek, chopped
• 2-3 cloves of garlic
• 1 small cauliflower
• Low fat cream
• Take a pan and heat the butter along with the olive oil.
• Once the mixture is slightly heated, add the onions, leek, and salt. Cook it on a low flame, giving it an occasional stir. Make sure the onions don’t turn brown.
• Now, add the garlic cloves, cauliflower (chopped), cream, and water (about 400 ml).
• Let it simmer on a low flame for about 15 minutes. However, keep an eye on the mixture to avoid burning.
• Blend the mixture, until it turns smooth.
• Transfer it back to the pan, add salt and pepper accordingly. Let it simmer for a minute or 2.
• Serve hot!
Flourless Chocolate Cookies
What is Christmas without some freshly baked cookies? But, don’t worry. This easy-peasy healthy recipe will make you the star of the party.
• Egg whites from 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ cup chocolate chunks
• Cocoa powder
• 1 and ½ cup powdered sugar. To make it healthy, use sugar-free.
• A pinch of salt
• 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Make sure you line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Take a large bowl and add the cocoa powder, sugar, salt and whisk them all together.
• Now, add the vanilla extract, egg white and whisk it well.
• The batter must be thick and moist.
• Now, add the chocolate chunks and give the mixture a fold.
• Scoop the batter and place it on the parchment paper.
• Make sure you leave enough gap between them as they spread while cooking.
• Make it for 12-14 minutes.
• Make sure they cool completely before removing them.
• You can store them in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Eggplant ricotta bites
A starter that will leave you wanting more? Yes, this is it. A healthy and a delicious bite, which even the kids will enjoy.
• 1 medium eggplant
• All-purpose flour
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup breadcrumbs
• ½ cup parmesan cheese
• Olive oil
• Tomato 2
• Red wine vinegar
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• Fresh basil
• Slice the eggplants thinly and evenly in rounds and season it with some salt.
• Now, in one bowl, take some flour. In the second bowl, beat the eggs. In the third bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese.
• Heat the pan and put some olive oil to it.
• Now, first dip the eggplant in some flour, then the beaten egg, and then coat it with the parmesan-breadcrumbs mixture and shallow fry it until golden. It will take about 2 minutes each side.
• Put the finished dish on tissues or paper to get rid of the excess oil. Season it with some salt.
• Now chop the tomatoes and put it in a bowl. To this, add red wine vinegar and olive oil.
• Take a serving tray and place the eggplant bites, top it off with some ricotta cheese, and the tomato mixture on top. Finally, place a basil leaf on each bite. Serve Hot!
Creamy Vegan Linguine with wild mushrooms
This dish is filling and oh-so-delicious. They are easy to make but look quite complicated. So, don your MasterChef hat and get started.
• 1lb linguine pasta
• Olive oil
• Mushrooms sliced thinly
• 3 gloves
• 2 onions chopped
• Cook the linguine pasta as per the directions are given on the packet. Before you drain the water, keep about 1 cup of pasta water aside.
• Now, put back the drained linguine in the pot.
• Take a pan and add about 6 spoons of olive oil.
• Once the oil is heated, add the garlic and onions. Now, add mushrooms and sauté it for 5 minutes, till it gets cooked.
• Add the linguine pasta into the pan with the water that was kept aside.
• Add pepper and salt according to taste and give it a good stir.
• Serve hot!
• You can sprinkle some spring onions for some enhanced taste and to make it look good.
• You can serve it with some garlic bread.