The Pacific International Hospital (PIH) at Port Moresby established in the year 1997 is the epitome of excellence in multi-specialty Healthcare in Papua New Guinea (PNG), offering round-the clock Critical Care and Emergency & Ambulance services.
A world class infrastructure, supported by cutting edge technology with a dedicated team of healthcare professionals is our hallmark.
PIH has a capacity of 100+ beds offering services in multi-specialty disciplines such as Internal Medicine, Cardiology, General and Trauma Surgery, Orthopaedics’, Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Neurology , Eye and ENT, Medical Oncology, Nephrology, Psychiatry, Pathology, Dental and other ancillary medical services.
PIH is the only hospital in PNG with advanced services like Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Endoscopy Suite and a Minimal Invasive Surgery Suite for Laparoscopic, Cryotherapy, Arthroscopic and Endoscopic facilities including LASER Lithotripsy. PIH is one of the few hospitals in the country equipped with comprehensive Imaging Suite include Digital X-ray, MRI, CT scan, Ultrasound and Mammography , and equipment like 64 Slice CT Angio and state of the art 1.5 Tesla MRI machines.
PIH has successfully catered to the Healthcare needs of people in the Pacific Region over the years and achieved many milestones in the journey. We strive to serve people with utmost care and compassion.
To be the most innovative healthcare provider in the region, committed to pioneering clinical excellence, provision of high-quality and cost-effective primary to tertiary healthcare services.
To remain Papua New Guinea’s leading multispecialty healthcare provider offering primary to tertiary healthcare services. Committed to improving quality of lives of the communities we serve, by establishing:
- International best practices in medical care and professional standards
- Access to affordable, cost effective and advanced high quality care in the region
- A centre of excellence in clinical education, training and research
- An organisational culture committed to building teams delivering quality healthcare services with integrity and compassion
- A high-quality, cost-effective healthcare services committed to improving clinical excellence and patient experience.
- Lead position by continuing to pioneer innovative advancement in improving health infrastructure in the region.
- A caring and patient centric healing environment.
- A team of dedicated, well trained staff committed to clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement.
- Partnerships to complement public health initiatives
Pacific International Hospital is committed to set and practice high standards of customer service by engaging in continuous quality improvement programs to update our quality management system in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 15189:2012 standards. Our clinical and corporate governance is guided by internationally accepted best practices and healthcare accreditation standards.